
This past Thursday was quite eventful for Elina at school. First, we celebrated Elina's half-birthday during snack time. If a student has a summer birthday, the teachers let him/her celebrate a half-birthday at school since they can't celebrate with friends during the summer. So I brought in half of a cake and grapes and strawberries cut in half. Elina got to wear a "crown" and everyone sang "Happy Birthday." Elina was so excited that it almost felt like her real birthday. Even Eli was excited to eat the cake! (Well, who wouldn't be excited to eat the cake, right?)

I ended up staying until the end of school and got to see Closing Circle time. It was so cute. Mrs.
B read them stories and then they did 2 songs. During the first song, they listen to a song to see what to do--snap, clap, tap their knees, and/or tap the floor. They were all listening so attentively...it was really adorable.
Even though it was a long morning for me, I actually had a good time spending so much time at the school and in the classroom. It was fun to chat with the teachers and parents and to see what Elina does at school.
Even though it was a long morning for me, I actually had a good time spending so much time at the school and in the classroom. It was fun to chat with the teachers and parents and to see what Elina does at school.
No comments:
Post a Comment