Elina has a new obsession--Disney songs. It's funny because she wasn't like this before we went to Disney World. Maybe she likes them because we went there or maybe she's just at the age where she's more into princesses. I'm not sure, but we have to listen to Belle, Jasmine, and Ariel songs 24/7. Seriously, people, ALL THE TIME. We listen to the CDs in the car and at home...and if there is no CD player available, we listen to Elina belt it out. Elina really sings these songs with passion and fervor. It's pretty cute. We also watch the Princess Sing-Along DVD and the Disney movies. The funny thing is that Eli enjoys the songs, too. He tries to sing along and he gets excited when he hears the beginning of the songs.
Of course, I had to video tape Elina singing these songs...so now I have to share some of them. When I was taping her, sometimes she'd pause to think of the next line. When she paused I would stop taping and she'd say, "No, I'm not done yet." Excuse me, Princess Elina.
Here is a clip of songs from "Beauty and the Beast." First she's singing from that part where Belle and the Beast are playing in the snow and starting to like each other. I was impressed with some of the words she learned for this part because it goes--
There's something sweet and almost kind,
but he was mean, and he was coarse and unrefined...
Then she skips off to another part where Belle can't believe Gaston wants to marry her. It's supposed to go--
Madam Gaston, his little wife
No, sir, not me, I guarantee it
I want much more than this provincial life...
But Elina sings it as--
Madam Gaston, his little wife
No, sir, not me, I'm very teeny
I want much more than this provincial life...
I LOVE that part! It always makes me crack up!
Here's another clip from "Beauty and the Beast." It's the middle of the song from the very beginning of the movie.
And this last clip is Elina singing the song from "The Little Mermaid" when Ariel is looking at all the human stuff in her cave.
Even though we get a little tired of hearing the same songs over and over again, it's been nice to listen to Disney songs again. It really takes me back to when I was younger and reminds me of the songs I really liked to sing in the shower back then. So it's definitely been fun to see Elina enjoy the same songs I did when I was younger. (B says the same thing--just kidding!)
2 comments:
very cuuute!
super cute! i can't believe she remembers all the words! Although, it sounds like she's been taking singing lessons from Auntie Mihee...
Post a Comment