[Of course, right after I complain about not being able to upload this video clip (see previous post), it uploads perfectly! Maybe I should have complained about it earlier.]
These days Eli is enjoying his solid food. Unfortunately, I've become a lazier mom this time around. With Elina I would cook, puree, and freeze all the fruits and vegetables. Elina didn't get much jarred baby food at all. But life with 2 kids is a little more hectic and tiring, so I am poppin' open jars left and right for Eli--AND I'm not really feeling as guilty as I thought I would. Go figure! I told B it's kinda fair for the 2 kids--I didn't nurse Elina as long, but she got homemade baby food; I'm still nursing Eli now, but he's getting jarred baby food. Sounds about right.
Well, so far Eli has eaten sweet potatoes, peas, green beans, and bananas. He's loved sweet potatoes from the very beginning. It's definitely his favorite. Peas grew on him quickly. Bananas were a hit. But green beans...yikes! It took this guy a while to learn to like these. I can't blame him though. I'm not a real fan of them either...the smell, the color.
"They" tell you that it's natural for your baby to make weird faces when trying new foods. After all, the smell and texture are different from breastmilk/formula. Eli made all types of weird faces when he tried everything, even the sweet potatoes that he loves. BUT I think there's a difference between making a weird face and actually gagging and coughing after tasting something. Here's video footage of Eli's first taste of green beans. You be the judge.
No comments:
Post a Comment