Sunday, November 5, 2017

A Pro at Face Painting

We just had one of our big fundraisers at Discovery School.  It was a whole lot of work, but totally worth it.  I worked from 8am-4pm and I couldn't feel my legs at the end of the day.  I went to bed at 8:30pm that night, which is unheard of.  But I was just too tired to go on! 
Elina worked hard too!  She worked the face painting booth and did an amazing job.  She painted from 11am-1pm.  After a lunch break, she went back and painted some more.  For weeks, Elina's been practicing different things...trying different styles on all of us at home.  Luckily, Eulee and Evie love to get their faces painted, so they were always up for it.  In the end, we had 5 girl choices and 5 boy choices.

We discovered that the popular ones were--the flower crown, princess, and Batman.  Elina had so much fun painting.  All the little kids loved her and when they saw her on her break...they all giggled and treated her like a celebrity.  It was adorable.  A few parents even mentioned to me that they would like to hire Elina for birthday parties!  Ha!  Elina definitely has discovered different ways to make money on the side.  =)

B and Eli were on a father-son campout, so they missed out of our Carnival fun.  Instead they were fishing, playing in the Frio River, and enjoying nature. Eli had a blast during his "dude time."  I love it when these 2 boys hang out.  With all the girl energy at home, they need to get away sometimes!!

Since B was MIA, I asked my babysitter to help me out for the day.  While I worked, she kindly took Eulee around to do whatever she wanted with her friend, NR.  They rode magical ponies, went to a dance party, played lots of games, and ate a whole bunch of junk.  What a perfect day! 
We love Carnival and already can't wait for next year!


No comments: