Friday, June 2, 2017

Ready to Go to Great Hearts!

It's official...Evie has left Discovery School.  She graduated 1st grade and she's off to Great Hearts!  I can't believe I will only have 1 left at Discovery.  The end of our time there is drawing near, but I know there's still lots of fun in store for Eulee!

Graduation was wonderful, like it always is.  Evie was very adamant about wearing a blue dress to match the blue graduation cap.  It's so funny because Elina and Eli never even gave that a thought at their graduations.  Leave it to Evie!  She's always concerned about her outfits and she plans them out far in advance.  I was bound to have one of those kids.  Ha!
The 1st graders sang "So Long, Farewell" and "Ready to Go" as well as the Discovery School Anthem.  I remember crying a lot when Eli sang the anthem at his graduation, but I held it together this year.

Of course I cried during the first grade teacher's speech (she's a dear friend of mine and she always gets teary-eyed).  She made all of the parents in the class stand up and promise to have our kids visit whenever they can.  It was the sweetest thing.  She also went around and mentioned sweet things about each child in the classroom.  For Evie she said, "Evie had gone out of town and missed school for a few days at the beginning of the week.  When she got back to class on Thursday, at the end of the day when she gave her goodbye hug, she quietly said, 'It's only Thursday and I'm still missing you.'"  That's our Evie...just a sweet, sweet thing.  And yes, I had tears in my eyes...

Evie is nervous about her next school because she only knows 1 or 2 kids in her grade.  Plus, Eli has warned her about waking up earlier...and about the longer days.  But she's also super excited about wearing a uniform to match her siblings...and she's thrilled about going to school with them!   She can't even imagine seeing Eli in the hallways!  We know she'll learn so much this coming year...and we hope she has fun doing it.  Congrats, Evie!

No comments: