Sunday, May 28, 2017

Recitals Galore!

The end-of-the-year was full of recitals...piano, dance, school.

The dance recital this year was the best for us so far.  It was awesome because Eulee had 1 dance to perform and Evie had TWO dances to perform.  It was great to be able to stay for 3 dances this time!  And they all did a wonderful job!
   We were especially thrilled with Evie's jazz number.  It was so fun and different!  The funny thing is that Evie totally isn't a sassy girl (like the song says), but this performance was just adorable.

The piano recital was also a big hit because Eulee performed a duet with Elina...and the three older kids performed a trio.  All so cute!

Eulee (and her classmate) had her school open house performance the same night as her dance dress rehearsal.  Originally we were going to just scratch the open house, but when I mentioned it to her preschool teachers, they flipped out.  They needed Eulee there because she was the loudest singer who could carry the class!  So the school was accommodating and scheduled her class performance at the end of the program.  They wanted us to go to the dress rehearsal and then make it for the open house.  No pressure, right?  Well, I'm glad to say we made it just in time.  Eulee and her friend still had their dance dresses on and they made it to school as their class was lining up to go perform!  Wow!  I think I lost a few years off my life, but they looked darling up there, didn't they?

I'm sure every parent agrees that all these performances are super-duper cute...but there is a lot of stress and work to get these kids to their performances at the end of every year.  So I'm always proud of all the kids, but I'm also proud of all the parents...for getting kids to rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and performances!  Great job, everyone!

No comments: