Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November was a Blur

I haven't posted in ages.  It's pretty sad when your own parents, who see you once a month, ask if your blog is still active.  Has it been that long??  The answer is yes.

My kids were all rotating through some sort of virus since Thanksgiving and I fell so behind on pictures, I think I just gave up!  Ha!

So where do I begin?  Hmmmm....

November was full of school events--

*Evie had a Professor of the Day where she taught her class about entomology.  She was most excited about showing her friends how to really catch butterflies in a net.
*Elina and Eli had school athletic field days.  They always look forward to these fun days to play games with their classmates.
*Evie went on one of our favorite field trips to Mission San Jose.
*Elina and Evie performed at the Ragtime Festival on the same day that Eli received his red belt. He even broke boards with some kicks!!  Proud day!

*Eulee graduated to the next level in her swim class and she had an umbrella parade at school.
*Evie sold ocean slime and jungle slime at her class craft sale.  They were such a hit we had to make more to sell again on the second day.  It's so simple to make, but all the kids had to have it!
*Evie also performed in the drum circle for the Harvest Celebration at school.
Then Thanksgiving was at our house and tons of fun!  Yummy food and relaxation....the zoo, hiking, mahjong...it was a nice time with family!

But that's when all the sickies began...towards the end of the break, Evie and Eli got hand foot mouth disease!  Oh man.  It was awful!  The hands and feet weren't so bad, but the sores in the mouth were terrible.  They could barely eat and when they did, they could only eat pudding and ice cream.  Not a bad deal, but after awhile, even they were sick of tasting sweet things.  They didn't get it bad as some other people I spoke to, but it was still bad enough.  I really wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Then after Eli and Evie got better, Elina got it!  I couldn't believe it!  She's my cleanest kid...so I figured Eulee would definitely be next.  But she never got it!  Our pediatrician said maybe she's had it before, but we just didn't know it, so now when she gets it, it's not as bad.

After all this, we were hit with bronchitis, a sinus infection, seasonal allergies...it's all been incredibly not fun.  But we roll with it and make it through and maybe one week all the kids will be in school for 5 whole days.  Ha!

Now let's hope I can recap the month of December quickly as well...

No comments: