Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween 2016

Over the summer, we had it all planned...we were all going to be characters from the show "Avatar: The Last Airbender."  THEN...the kids had to go and start liking "Star Wars."  (Actually, Elina still wanted to do Avatar, but she was nice and agreed to go with the "Star Wars" theme.)  Eli chose to be Luke, Elina and Evie both wanted to be Rey (no one wanted to give her up...she IS pretty cool), B was Han Solo, I was Princess Leia, and Eulee.....she chose to be DARTH VADER!  I tried to convince her to be BB-8 or Yoda, but she stuck to her guns.  So I had to find a way to try to make her cuter...I saw a cute Darth Vader outfit with a tutu on Etsy, so I decided to try to copy it.

I got Elina's old black leotard and put Elina's old black tutu over it on the bottom.  Then I cut up felt, hot glued them onto a black piece of felt, and sewed the pieces onto the leotard.  I also sewed a black cape we had onto the collar.  I also picked up a Vader mask from Target for $3, but it ended up being too heavy for her face, so I ordered another Vader mask made of felt.  I didn't mind ordering it since I didn't really spend any money on her costume!  And it actually turned out pretty cute! 
Eulee got to walk in 2 Halloween parades at school...one for her class and one with Evie's class.  She loved prancing around in her costume...waving to everyone.  She thought she was a celebrity!
There was even another Darth Vader in her class. She LOVED it! And after school the other boy told his mom that Eulee was his girlfriend now...and that they talked a lot about Darth Maul. Ha!
Evie looked great as Rey.  I figured out a better way to do her hair and it looked awesome.  
There was actually another Rey in Evie's class, too!  And there was also a Queen Amidala and a Commander Cody from Clone Wars.  It was awesome to get them all in a picture together!
Halloween night was actually quite eventful for us.  On our way to AM's house for pre-trick-or-treating dinner and trick-or-treating, Eulee totally threw up in the back seat!  So we had to go back home to clean her up and make sure she was ok.  She had no fever and was acting perfectly normal...singing and dancing.  She cried when I told her there was a chance she may not be able to trick-or-treat.  Eulee is our ultimate candy fiend.  She eats a piece almost every morning at 8:30am when she visits the front desk at Discovery School.  She is always begging for candy.  Halloween is HER holiday, y'all.  AM's mom told us to at least go over to trick-or-treat, so we went and Eulee did great.  I don't think I saw a glimpse of Eli until the end of the night because he was just ahead of us with AM the entire time!  Eulee and Evie definitely need longer legs to keep up.  When things were winding down, Eulee and Evie were picking out candy at a house and suddenly I hear a lady shout out, "This one's sick!"  And, of course, it was Eulee!!  B ran over and I offered to clean if up, but they said they were just going to hose it down so it wasn't a big deal.  Luckily, it wasn't a whole lot.  Some landed on the ground and some on her boots.  Yikes.  I told Eulee the night was over and she said, "That's ok...I got a lot of candy!"  B took the older kids to go to more houses and I took Eulee to the car to change.
Even though Eulee didn't have a fever and was fine, our doctor told us to keep Eulee's diet pretty light for a few extra days.  Eulee was dying...staring at her Halloween basket every day while all the other kids got to pick out candy to eat.  She was going through withdrawals.  My poor little sugar addict.

Everyone looked great in their costumes!  B was quite handsome!  But I accidentally made my hair buns too far back.  I didn't realize until I had already pinned them up while we were driving to trick-or-treat.  B said it was fine and that people would still know who I was.  I was so tempted to redo it all.  I told him that people would think that I was Leia's cousin, not the real thing.  Ha!
For Halloween, we also carved some pumpkins at our weekly family meeting.  Most of the kids went basic, but Elina did some cute little candy corns all over!  
We also did our annual pre-Halloween camping trip at the river with AM and his family.  It was so much fun!
 Playing in the river, hiking, painting pumpkins, eating s'mores, fishing at night (and during the day).  It was actually chilly at night, so the campfire was really enjoyable this time.

We hope y'all had just as much fun as we did...minus the vomit.  Happy Halloween and may the Force be with you!  (By the way, now Eulee really tries to use the Force on us...like when I don't give her candy, she raises her hand up toward me.  Ha!  That girl!)

No comments: