The ceremony was short but sweet. Elina's teacher gave a wonderful speech about the kids and Elina looked like such a big girl getting her certificate.
It's been such a great year for Elina and for us. Elina's teachers were amazing in so many ways. They taught her how to have fun in school, how to voice her opinion, how to speak Latin. The teachers were so amazing that I had to make them this really special end-of-the-year gift. I've been wanting to make this for a long time now. I had each student write something they loved and will miss about their teachers. I alternated each card with a crisp one dollar bill (money donated by parents) and made it all into a notepad (with special compound glue). The teachers can still tear out the money, but the students' notes will remain together. It turned out so well. When I read all the responses, I had tears in my eyes. The kids really put thought into these responses and they were so touching. A lot of students said they loved the lead teacher's vigor, enthusiasm, and passion. One boy even wrote, "She made me a better person." I love that these students really recognize that they had amazing teachers. Elina wrote that she loved her assistant teacher always asking about the jokes in her lunchbox, his different accents in lecture, and his made-up songs during lessons. Elina loved the way her head teacher was always so thankful when we gave her special drinks and the way she gave them confidence even when things were tough. We were truly sad to leave 5th grade. I normally don't cry and I was teary-eyed a lot during the last week. Elina was also dreading the end of the year...she didn't want to leave her teachers. Ha!
We've only heard wonderful things about 6th grade at our school, so we are all excited!
We've only heard wonderful things about 6th grade at our school, so we are all excited!
Congrats, Elina! You're movin' on up!







No comments:
Post a Comment