Thursday, September 24, 2015

Solo Trip to NJ

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I was lucky enough to go visit my good friend SP (aka Auntie S) this past weekend in New Jersey. SP had a baby 5 months ago and I was long overdue on my visit to see the baby. B was nice enough to let me go solo and he took some time off to watch the kids. Best Husband Award for sure.  B did a great job following my detailed Excel spreadsheet...he picked up and dropped off kids, took kids to after-school activities, made meals, woke up extra early.  Best Dad Award, too!

It was a very laidback trip given this is SP and her hubby's first baby.  We walked all around Hoboken (which is only one square mile in size!) and we ate lots of yummy food. Well, I was the one who ate a lot of yummy food. Unfortunately, Baby C is allergic to soy and dairy which means SP can't consume anything with soy and dairy since she's still nursing. This is a tragedy for SP since she is the best eating partner of all-time! So during this trip she would take me to yummy places but she wouldn't be able to eat anything. I felt badly for about 2 minutes (after all, we ARE best friends) and then proceeded to order lots of delicious things.  We got pizza (I SO miss NY pizza), bubble tea, mini-cupcakes, bagels (I also SO miss real bagels), French pastries (best croissant I've ever had), cannolis, and lots of other truly delicious things. Almost everything involved food.

I even did a touristy thing and went to the Cake Boss' shop!  The lobster tail was delicious!

 We also walked around the piers in Hoboken. It was beautiful. The weather was amazing with the arrival of fall. The NY skyline brought back lots of good memories. Being able to walk around that much is so nice. Definitely something I miss doing.

 Baby C is certainly one of the cutest babies out there, don't ya think?? She's smiley and chatty and easygoing. She's a pretty great baby. I had so much fun meeting her and playing with her. 
I also got to go visit my second mom for a few hours.  It was so nice to see her again!  We chatted and talked about everything.  I really miss this lady!
I think the thing I enjoyed the most was turning my brain off for a few days.  I didn't have to look at the clock...I could eat lunch at 2pm!...I didn't have to think about what to make for dinner...

It was just plain wonderful!

What a great visit...all thanks to this cute little baby!  Thank you, Baby C!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments: