Saturday, May 30, 2015

1st Grade Graduation for Eli

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Graduation was a really bittersweet event this year.  I have to say that I shed more tears than I ever have...and I'm NOT a crier at all!  I don't know why.  Maybe it's because now that Elina has left for a few years, I now realize how special Discovery School is.  It's this wonderful bubble where you want to keep your kids forever.  But, alas, that can't happen and they must enter the real world some time.  When I saw Eli up on the stage performing his songs and getting his diploma, it finally hit me that his bubble had finally burst.  =(

As an extra treat, B accompanied the music teacher and a kindergarten teacher with his guitar as they sang the song "I Wish You Well."  He did a really good job!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Then there were some sad speeches from the kindergarten teachers and Eli's first grade teacher.  Then the kids got their diplomas. (Yay!)
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

At the end, all the classes performed songs.  The first grade class did "What a Wonderful World" with sign language and props.  It was so sweet.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Then they performed an upbeat song called "Forever Learning."  Eli's shirt was all untucked and he kept putting his hands in his pocket and his cap was on crooked.  He looked so cool up there...dancing and jamming to the song.  So cute!
Then they sang the school anthem and I actually cried.  I couldn't even help myself at that point.  Ugh.  Eli just looked at me and gave me this sweet smile.

That was it!  The end of Eli's time at Discovery School.  Two down, two more to go.  We still have at least 4 years at this school, but every time one leaves I still feel brokenhearted.  Now we're off to the real world!  Congratulation, Eli!!  We love you!!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments: