Monday, November 10, 2014

Pierced Ears

I don't have pierced ears.  For some reason, the thought never appealed to me as much.  I think it was a combination of knowing it would hurt and seeing some of my family members deal with infected piercings.

Well, Elina finally started asking about piercing her ears about a month ago.  She noticed that she was the only girl in her class without them.  So she started interviewing J about pierced ears.  How much does it hurt?  How long does the pain last?  Will I die from it?  You know, the typical 9 year old line of questioning.  After she spoke to J (at length about it), she never brought it up again so I didn't push it.

Then J came this past weekend for a visit while my parents were in town.  J told Elina that she could take her (figuring that I would never willingly take her myself) and Elina was totally up for it!  So we all went to Claire's, picked out some studs, and the rest is history!

For those who are curious, Elina said it hurt VERY VERY much.  And her ears felt really hot afterwards.  (In the first picture below that is pure pain on her face...after that she's just trying to remain calm and cool.
But honestly, by the time we got home, she didn't complain anymore.  She was just ecstatic to have earrings!  I have to admit that they look really nice on her, too!  Good call, J!
While we were at Claire's a 2 year old was in line to get her ears pierced after Elina, so we encouraged Elina to not scream and cry so that the little girl wouldn't get scared.  We were proud of Elina because she was brave and didn't make too much of a fuss. She did a great job!

Here's before--
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Here's after--
How pretty!

No comments: