Eli was Mario....of course! He only wanted to be Player 1, which is Mario. He wore this thing for a Trick-or-Treat piano recital, for a Halloween parade at school, and for Halloween.
Eli's teachers were nice enough to let Eulee and Evie join in their Halloween parade. It was so cute to have them all together with their theme!
Elina was Red Toad. She absolutely had to be a toad! I decided to make her costume. First I made the hat, which was a kids' cowboy hat with scrunched up plastic bags all on top of it. Then I taped down the bags with packing tape. Then I covered it with white felt. Then I glued on the red felt circles.
I also decided to make Elina's vest. I just cut the sleeves off of a red t-shirt and sewed on gold ribbon along the edges. Done!
Elina got to wear her costume for the piano recital too. It was so cute that she had to hold onto the top of her hat when she bowed!
Evie was Princess Peach. This actually took some convincing, if you can believe it! Originally she wanted to be another Toad, but I didn't want to make another hat. I finally got her to be Princess Peach by showing her a picture of the gold, sparkly crown that I could make for her costume! After I made the crown, I took an old pink princess dress-up that we had, sewed on a blue gem on the front. I also bought her some long princess gloves to complete the look.
Then finally, Eulee was Blue Toad. My friend had her kids all in Super Mario costumes a few years ago, so I borrowed the Toad outfit that her 1 year old wore back then. Eulee was a little too big for the costume, but we made it work. We figured it was only for a few hours, so it would be fine. So the Toad hat doesn't sit as well on her head...J says she looks more like Aladdin. The vest was also tiny and would fall off, so I had to pin it to her shirt to keep it on. But I think we made it work, don't you?
Halloween night was lots of fun. First we had dinner with AM and his parents....chili and cornbread. Yum! Then we did some trick-or-treating. Everyone had a great time, especially Eulee. Her little legs moved so quickly...it was so cute! It's amazing how quickly they can move! Elina started having trouble with her hat halfway through the night though because it was too heavy. But she still managed to push through and get a lot of candy!
Of course we ended the late night with lots of candy sorting and trading!
Evie and Eulee even got to go to a Gymboree Halloween party in their costumes. I thought the party was just ok...I expected a little more...but the girls had the time of their lives. I think it was more that they loved chasing each other around and being with each other inside Gymboree (especially now that Evie doesn't go anymore and it's just Eulee).And of course we did a few other fun, non-Mario-related activities...
carving and painting pumpkins (Elina even carved her own!)...
sewing some pumpkin faces...
making Frankenstein pudding...
It was a great Halloween!! We loved it all!!























No comments:
Post a Comment