Elina also wanted to attend Dad's Night, but she went strictly as a helper. I had to make sure that she understood she was only going to help, not to participate. Sometimes it's hard for her to understand that these things have to be about the younger kids...that she's already had her time. So she helped hand out glow toys and she helped in the 1st grade classroom, too. What a trooper!
In Evie's class, B and Evie worked on a cute mug together. They each had to put their thumbprints on the mug and the teachers drew them into a cute dad and kid. Simple, but adorable! Eli just hung around in the classroom and played with all the centers.
Then they went to Eli's class and dissected owl pellets. B is familiar with this 1st grade activity and was even singing the famous owl pellet song when he walked into the classroom. Ha!
After a pizza dinner, the kids got glow necklaces and bracelets and ran around the school in the dark. It's definitely more fun to be at school at night!
The things I loved the best were the narratives about the dads. Evie wrote:
"He is 14 years old. My dad likes to go to HEB. My dad likes to play tag and go swimming with me. Dad goes to work. At work he helps someone if they spill something. I love my dad because he swims with me."
Wait! He LIKES to go to the grocery store (HEB)?!? This is definitely news to me! And I like that B is a custodian at work. Actually, she said that because when she went to eat lunch at his workplace, she spilled her drink and he wiped it up. Funny what kids remember, right??
Then Eli drew B like this:
This is a great drawing, but honestly, kind of doesn't remind me of B. I love all the details though...the unshaven face (which happens sometimes)...and the VERY VERY colorful shirt that he has on. Wow! I didn't realize he had a shirt like that!
Then on the back, Eli wrote this:
I didn't know B liked to eat carrots and drink Fanta so much. Both those things aren't really true! My favorite thing though is that Eli specifically tickles him in the armpits. Eli thought that was so funny to put in! Hahahaha!These things are priceless, I tell ya. I just don't know where these kids get these answers from!
Overall, another great night with B! What a great dad!








No comments:
Post a Comment