Monday, October 20, 2014

A Pretty Awesome Party

Elina recently went to a pretty awesome birthday party.  It was so different than all the other ones I've ever been to...and I've been to A LOT!

This party was so different.  It was at a little performance center and the owner was just wonderful.  There were 15 girls and in the beginning they played a few funny games.  First they stood in a half circle and each girl had a line to say/act out in a scenario called "Girl Gets Mauled by a Panda at the Zoo."  Elina was the girl reacting with a scream.  First they did it regular, then they had to perform the lines as old people, then as teenagers, then in slow-motion, and so on.  It was hilarious!

The main part of the party was the girls acting out a script about time travel that the owner had written (as per the birthday girl's request).  First the girls ran through the script a few times while sitting on the floor.  
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Then they did a dress rehearsal.  
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Then at the end they performed it for the parents in costume.  It was SO great!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Here are a few excerpts from the play...

Initially Elina was nervous about even attending this party.  She kept saying, "I don't want to act...maybe I can do something behind the scenes."  But then she had a really fun time!  She came out of her shell and acted and laughed.  I'd never seen her like this in front of other people.  I loved it!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
We really had such an awesome time at this party.  The girls all worked together well, helped each other, and then had an end product.  What a fun time!!

No comments: