Evie's special day started out with some orange birthday pancakes because it's her favorite color now!
Then we tried a balloon avalanche on her bedroom door and it was totally cute and they all loved it. Normally we fill their bedrooms with balloons in their favorite colors while they're sleeping the night before their birthdays. But we decided to spice it up a bit with the balloon avalanche! Since Evie is still little and is usually our earliest riser, we decided to wait until after breakfast to do it so all the kids could wait together in her room with her while she experienced the balloon avalanche. We didn't want to freak her out at 6:30am! The kids thought it was so cool to have the balloons fall on them and then to run through the streamers. I think this will have to be a new tradition!
Then we all headed to Kiddie Park for a few hours of fun. Eulee is starting to really enjoy the rides there....while Elina is starting to get a little bored with it all. But, being a nice oldest sister, she still happily went on all the rides. (Honestly, I think she even enjoyed herself a few times!)
Evie requested a cake with pink and purple layers (because she still likes these colors) and orange on the outside. I decided to try out the petal technique on this cake and it turned out beautifully! It was easy to learn, but a little time-consuming...but the results are amazing. I wanted to make it ombre, but Evie said she didn't want that. =( Evie also wanted M&Ms on the top, so I added those on there. Honestly, the cake was a little too sweet for all of us. The cake essentially has 2 layers of icing, so it ends up being too sweet. With that said, we still all gobbled up our pieces!
This year, Evie's birthday party was a week after her real birthday. She wanted a Doc McStuffins themed party, so we threw her one at a gymnastics place.
I made these cute invitations for the party--
I wanted to do it at the house, but I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it because my Fabulous Party Planning Team wasn't intact. Understandably, J is getting married at the end of April, so she couldn't help like she normally does. So I just made and bought some simple snacks that were related to Doc McStuffins. I made Yummy Bandaids (vanilla wafers with a heart iced on them),
Say Ahhhh! Pretzels (pretzel rods dipped in almond bark),
Lambie Tails (mini-marshmallows),
Kisses for Your Boo-Boos (Hershey Kisses),
McStuffins' Muffins,
An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away (sliced apples),
and Chilly Drinks (water).
For this cake, I made Evie's favorite cake--Jewish pound cake--and decorated the outside of it with orange M&Ms. It turned out so cute! And this one definitely tasted better to all of us!
I made these cute invitations for the party--
I wanted to do it at the house, but I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it because my Fabulous Party Planning Team wasn't intact. Understandably, J is getting married at the end of April, so she couldn't help like she normally does. So I just made and bought some simple snacks that were related to Doc McStuffins. I made Yummy Bandaids (vanilla wafers with a heart iced on them),
Say Ahhhh! Pretzels (pretzel rods dipped in almond bark),
Lambie Tails (mini-marshmallows),
Kisses for Your Boo-Boos (Hershey Kisses),
McStuffins' Muffins,
An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away (sliced apples),
and Chilly Drinks (water).
For this cake, I made Evie's favorite cake--Jewish pound cake--and decorated the outside of it with orange M&Ms. It turned out so cute! And this one definitely tasted better to all of us!
I forgot to take pictures of the favors, but I made everyone a Big Book of Boo-Boos (like the one Doc has) for each child. I bought journals at Michaels and glued purple cardstock onto the cover. Then I cut out glitter hearts to stick on top of the purple paper. They actually came out really cute!
On top of this, we gave out a little pack of crayons, some cute Kleenex, hand sanitizer, colorful bandaids, and a lollipop (like the kinds you get at the doctor's office).
This party was actually the most relaxing party we've had for some reason. It was small and the kids basically just played on all the equipment.
On top of this, we gave out a little pack of crayons, some cute Kleenex, hand sanitizer, colorful bandaids, and a lollipop (like the kinds you get at the doctor's office).
This party was actually the most relaxing party we've had for some reason. It was small and the kids basically just played on all the equipment.
Evie got lots of great presents...kinetic sand, tons of stickers, a Boogie Board, games, Doc McStuffins dolls.
Definitely a fun birthday!
































No comments:
Post a Comment