Thursday, April 24, 2014

Evie at 4

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Evie is 4!

Here are her stats--
Weight: 34lbs 4oz (45th percentile)
Height: 39.75" (52nd percentile)
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Here are some facts about Evie--

1. She says the funniest things.  Lately, she's been saying things like, "Oh boy, I sure do!" and "I sure did!" and "That smells terrific!"  She always says things that catch us off-guard.  
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

2. She is pretty smart.  She actually knew her left side from her right side a while back.  I was amazed.  She also knows all of her ABCs and all of their sounds.  She's actually starting to sound words out and we started reading BOB books together, too.  

3. She loves to draw and color.  She's had many phases this year...a people phase, a flower phase, a rainbow phase, a cursive phase.  She saw Elina writing so much cursive that she started to write pretend cursive all over sheets of paper.  She would literally cover the whole sheet of paper in connected squiggly lines...and then she would "read" it to me.  Awesome.

4. She is passive-aggressive...in a funny way.  If I give Eulee a snack and not her, she will say, "That cracker is only for babies, right?  Not for me."  And there was a day when we were trying to decide what to do as a family and you chimed in, "We can't go to the Kiddie Park, right?  It's kind of a nice day though."  You're just so funny when you say these things!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug5. She is an excellent older sister to Eulee.  Evie probably pays attention to Eulee more than the other kids, so she is always on top of things when it comes to dangerous items or situations.  Honestly I don't know what I'd do without Evie.  She's so good at playing with Eulee and creating diversions for Eulee so that I can accomplish something during the day.  When Evie's gone on a playdate, I definitely have to work harder.  

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
6. She is a good counterpart for Eli.  Evie is definitely our tough one because she will actually get on the ground and wrestle with Eli.  She also just loves to get extra super silly with her brother.  It's awesome!  
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

7. She loves to give hugs.  She will never leave Eli at school unless she gives him a big goodbye hug.  In the picture below, she loves hugging him so much she's grinding her teeth!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

8. She likes to repeat lectures....to everyone's dismay.  After I talk to Eli or Elina about something that made me unhappy, Evie will start off with, "Jie Jie, you should have..."  I usually catch her before she can say anymore, but sometimes I will hear her repeating what I just said.  I'm hoping this is just a phase.

9. She loves going to swim class and dance class during the week.  Evie has become such an awesome swimmer.  The older kids are always blown away by how brave she is.  Evie also started dance class in January and she really loves it.  
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

10. She is a performer.  Evie loves to dress up, dance, and sing for everyone.  She loves singing Frozen songs and Doc Mcstuffins songs at the top of her lungs in the car.  


11. She can unbuckle herself in the 5-point car seat.  This has been such a blessing!  Evie sits on the opposite side of the car, so whenever I got out of the car, I would have to walk over to the other side just to unbuckle her.  It sounds petty, but after doing it multiple times a day, it gets pretty old.  

12.  She can pump her legs on the swing!  This is HUGE!  This is a little bit of freedom on a playground.  I LOVE when this milestone occurs!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

13.  She loves to play board games, especially Pretty Pretty Princess.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

14. She's just plain tough.  This girl will fall flat on her face and say, "I'm ok!"  She just went to get her 4 year old shots (2 of them) and she didn't even make a peep!  Not even a peep!  The nurse said, "The doctor won't even believe that I gave you shots!"  Then after the nurse left, Evie admitted, "Actually, that hurted a lot."  See what I mean?  Tough cookie!

15. She loves to dress up.  Her favorite things are accessories.  Out of all the kids so far, she's the one who has used the dress-up things the most.  She will show up dressed in the wackiest things.  I love it!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Evie is just so much fun to have around.  She's always acting silly, saying funny things...but then she also goes with the flow, which makes things easier in this crazy life with 4 kids.  Who wouldn't love having this kid around?
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments: