Monday, November 19, 2012

A Relaxing Austin Getaway

The weekend before Thanksgiving we decided to take the kids to Austin to have some fun.

On Saturday, B and I headed to IKEA with Eulee while J and V took the other kids out.  B and I spent way too much money at IKEA...while the kids went to a Thanksgiving storytime...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Baylor Street Art Wall...

to get some frozen yogurt, and to find a letterbox.

We also went to the 360 Bridge.  It was a beautiful place!  The kids found their second letterbox there.

Besides that, we just hung out at J's house.  J just got a projector setup in her upstairs living area so the kids had a movie night up there.  Even Eulee seemed to enjoy herself!
We also played some Playstation Move video games with the kids.  It was so funny to watch them play.


This was actually our most relaxing weekend ever in Austin.  Usually when we go, we want to do so many things.  Since we had Eulee we decided to take it easy this time and it was a great idea.  It was the first time we came home and didn't feel tired.  What a nice trip!

The only sad part to this story is that we lost Eli's class Clifford.  Each child in the class rotates taking Clifford home with them.  You're supposed to take him to do fun things and take pictures with him and then paste them onto some scrapbook pages for the child to show the class.  Well, right before the 360 Bridge, we misplaced Clifford.  B says he threw Clifford back into the car when Eli tried to take him out to a restaurant.  Clifford hasn't been seen since then.  We looked everywhere at home and in the car...multiple times.  J searched her house a few times.  Nada.  So I had to order a new Clifford for the class...and, of course, I ordered the wrong one!  The one I got is a "lying down" Clifford and the class one was a "sitting down" Clifford!  But the teacher was nice and said that it would be fine.  I don't think the kids would have noticed, but during Eli's show-and-tell, he decided to tell the whole class, "And then we lost Clifford in Austin!  And we had to buy a new one, but he's not the same."  Thanks for ratting me out, Eli!  I swear this has not been a stellar year for me as a parent.  I already forgot to show up to Eli's parent-teacher conference a few weeks ago...now I lose the class Clifford!  This baby is throwing me for a loop.

So, other than losing Clifford, we had a wonderful time in Austin! Can't wait to go back!

No comments: