B and I managed to wash both of our cars. While I washed my car I had the kids help me spray the car down and then spray each other. They thought it was great!
Then we let the kids play in the pool in the backyard. Every year we get a bigger inflatable pool and every year we hate it. It's hard to clean (it gets dirty easily because of the tree in our backyard), always ends up stretching weird, and just never quite makes it for 2 summers in a row. This year we decided to pay a little more to get a hard plastic pool that has a built-in slide (our neighbor has one and I thought it looked like lots of fun). The kids are absolutely loving it! They can go down that slide a million times and still laugh about it. It's been awesome!
Today we decided to finally put Evie in her bathing suit and let her join in the fun. She thought the big pool was so great. We couldn't let her stay in after the water got too high, but she loved splashing and crawling around. Look at the excitement on Evie's cute little face!
Then I brought out this baby splashpad that
Here is Evie enjoying herself in the pool. What I love also about this video is that Eli is singing (in parts) "Do Re Mi" from The Sound of Music. This has been a real hit in our house lately. So in the video, he starts with "A female deer" as he's at the bottom of the steps to the slide. Then as he gets to the top he says, "Ray" and then when he sits on the top of the slide he says, "A drop of golden sun." Then when he gets to the bottom of the slide, he peeks over and says, "Mi." I wanted him to keep singing, so I kept taping but he didn't finish. Still, it was cute.And here is Evie going down the slide with help from B. I just love how she inhales with excitement when she gets to the bottom of the slide.
What a fun water day!
No comments:
Post a Comment