Saturday, July 31, 2010

Portraits I Love

Recently, we went to JCPenney to get Elina's 5 year portraits done. Usually when I go, I try to throw in the other kids to see what I can get while I'm there. I mean, we're already there so we might as well try it. If we don't get anything good, then I don't have to buy anything, right?

We usually go to JCPenney because it's close. We've always liked the work they do, but it's never been phenomenal. It's just convenient. Well, this time was totally different. The lady we got was SO great with the kids. She really got down to their level, made them laugh, made them say silly things, and got great photos. J and I were seriously impressed. She was very enthusiastic (but not annoyingly so) and the kids loved her. And the pictures really reflect this awesome experience. I got the lady's name and I will definitely be asking for her again next time!

Check these out--

Evie looks so cute, right? Her eyes are wide open and she's happy...

I love this picture because Elina and Eli both have natural smiles...none of that scary-forced stuff! Love it!

And this is the portrait we got of the 3 kids. Eli is doing his semi-forced smile and not looking right at the camera, but I thought this was still wonderful considering there are 3 young children in the picture. (If you are a parent, you know what I mean!)

Coincidentally enough, this was the first time I spent more than my usual $30 on portraits. I'm not sure if that's a good thing...but I'm really happy with these pictures!!

1 comment:

Kimberli said...

Cute! I agree... those are some darling natural smiles... hard to do!