Because we didn't spend the holiday at home and because of the Disney trip, we couldn't do a lot of our usual Thanksgiving traditions. One thing we did last year was make Tom the Turkey. Every day Elina would tell me something she was thankful for and I would write it down for her. This year I had her write her words down. I had every intention of continuing the feathers in Disney, but we were so exhausted I didn't bother with it. So we finished the feathers after Thanksgiving this year. Kinda defeats the purpose, but I wanted to laminate Tom again like I did last year.
This year Elina also made a craft for school. The teacher asked each child what they were thankful for and wrote it on a piece of paper and laminated it. Elina said that she was thankful for her baby in my tummy. It was so sweet! The baby never came up when it came to writing stuff on Tom the Turkey, so I was surprised she would think of that.
So that's our turkey day in a nutshell. It didn't feel like Thanksgiving this year since we were all recovering from Disney, but it was still a great time for family and food!
No comments:
Post a Comment