Monday, July 20, 2009

Great Days and Bad Days

Everyone knows that when you have kids, there are good days and bad days.

Yesterday was a pretty bad day. Eli had a short nap, so he was cranky and crabby the rest of the day. This means that he cries at the drop of a hat, won't play by himself, and whines everywhere he goes. Elina wasn't any better. Her listening skills were lacking, she didn't want to share with Eli, and she just didn't want to eat. It was a draining day. Luckily, it was during the weekend, so B was around. If B hadn't been around to help, I might've lost it. When the kids have bad days, I can't even imagine ever having more children.

Then today turned out to be a good day--actually a great day. The kids played so well together. They played with each other almost all day. Usually, they'll play by themselves for a little while, but today was different. Elina wanted to play with Eli all the time. When it was naptime for Eli, I told Elina that I was taking Eli up for his nap. Elina looked at me sadly and said, "But I don't want Eli to take a nap. I want to play with him still." I couldn't believe it! She usually looks forward to Eli's naptime so we can have our own time together (to play games or do crafts). It was so cute that she wanted to spend more time with him. It always makes me so happy when they play well together.

I just had to post about this because I was really feeling sorry for myself yesterday. I guess whenever I have a bad day with the kids, I shouldn't get too sad because a great day is right around the corner!

No comments: