First we went to eat at our fave restaurant, Acenar. I had fajitas and B had the spicy grilled shrimp. It was delicious! Then we walked 2 blocks to the Majestic Theater to watch the show. It was a great. Elphaba's voice was a-ma-zing and Glinda was super funny. Of course, B pulled his usual thing and fell asleep for about 10 minutes in the beginning. He literally could not keep his eyelids open no matter how much I poked and pinched him. He just kept dozing off...and it had JUST started. Ugh. That's B's M.O. though--he's known to fall asleep during wonderful musicals. If you can imagine it, he even dozed off during
For the big event, I got all dressed up and even ironed my hair! I know, it was quite the scene. I don't even remember the last time I ironed my hair. I just figured I'd get a little fancy since I never get dolled up and the tickets were pricey (so I thought, "I might as well make it a special event"). I ironed my hair and wore it down (gasp!). Then I wore a nice black sleeveless top with a white skirt and black heels (double gasp!). Elina thought it was the coolest thing to see me in a skirt. Lately, she has gotten really into dresses and skirts because of her friends. She tells me, "I want to wear a dress because then I will be pretty." I always tell her that you can wear shorts and still be pretty, but she isn't convinced. What does that say about me?? I must be hideous!
Well, the day after we went out Elina was disappointed to see me back in my t-shirt and shorts.
E: Mommy, tell me when you wear your hair down and your black shirt and your white skirt again
Me: Why?
E: Because I like it when you look like that.
Me: You like me in the skirt?
E: Yeah, I like you better that way.
She was so mesmerized by the way I had dressed that night that she was telling all her friends about it. She told them, "Do you know what? My mommy had her hair down and she wore a black shirt and a white dress and black shoes!"
Wow, I must've been beautiful that night! I guess that's a hint that I should stop dressing like such a slob.
2 comments:
Aaauugghh! What a great night! Its so nice to have such fun friends.
I meant you tease you last night when we went out to dinner... How long did you last before you whipped out your pony tail holder? Did you even make it through the drive to the restaurant? :)
mmmm....Acenar's. Hello to the killer bunny couple.
Post a Comment