A few weeks ago, our trash can broke. It was one of those stainless steel Simple Human step trash cans. You step on a pedal to make the lid pop up. I didn't consider the step can essential until we had to use our broken trash can for a few days. It is really inconvenient to open the trash can lid manually. It sounds silly, but I hated doing it. First I thought it was kinda unsanitary to be opening the lid with one of my hands. So I found myself constantly washing my hands after throwing something away. Secondly, I often was carrying things over to the trash can with both hands and wouldn't even have a free hand to open the lid. The step can was a convenience that I really missed during those few days.
We did our usual research before purchasing a new trash can. You would think that it would be easy to buy a new trash can, but step trash cans are actually kinda pricey. After looking around for a few days, we decided to try a trash can that opens automatically. The price was comparable, so why not?
So far we really like our new trash can. Initially, Elina was freaked out a little. Now I just tell her to "wave hi" to the trash can to get it to open up. For a few days, she'd just run up to the trash can, wave hi, and then run away before it opened up all the way. I guess she thought it was fun, but scary at the same time. After having the trash can for a few weeks, Elina told us that the trash can "talks." Here is what she thinks the trash can "says"(basically, she is just imitating the sound that it makes when it closes)--
We just thought it was so funny that she had noticed the sound and had decided to copy it. And she really does sound like the trash can.
No comments:
Post a Comment