Monday, September 8, 2008

Come and Jump With Me

Elina's new favorite activity is jumping on our bed. We don't mind letting her jump on the couch and the bed. I mean, she's a kid and she likes to jump. It's fine to us. The thing is, our bed height is kind of higher than normal. We just worry that she'll fall off. We tried to get her to jump on the guest bed, but she doesn't like it. According to her, "I like jumping on Mommy and Daddy's bed better." I think it's because the guest bed is just one mattress thick because there's no boxspring underneath. That must take away from the "bounciness" of the bed.

We always know when she's getting ready to jump on our bed. She comes up to us and asks, "Is anyone in Mommy and Daddy's room?" I'll say no and she immediately heads for our room and shuts the door behind her. Then she throws our pillows and blankets on the floor to clear some space. Then she proceeds to jump up and down while watching herself in the mirror.


Her newest thing is inviting her friends to jump on our bed. Whenever anyone comes over, she takes them to our room and jumps with them. Since our bed is so high I always supervise when there's more than one kid on there. Here is a clip of Elina and M. Elina is so Asian because when she sees M and herself jumping in the mirror, she says that they look like chopsticks.

And here is a video clip of M and Elina's version of jumping rope. It's cute how they think they're actually jumping rope.

No comments: