B took 2 days off over the break. After our parent-teacher conferences for the big kids, we hung out at the kids' museum and the zoo. It was such a fun time with all the kids! We fed the lorries and one actually got on me even though I didn't have any nectar. So funny!
Then we spent a day at one of our favorite places--Enchanted Rock! Last time we went in January there were tons of vernal pools. This time there weren't any, but the weather was still nice. There were lots of bees though, so I'd definitely go back in the winter again. This time all the kids except for Eulee went into the cave. Elina didn't want to go, but we made her. And Evie has just been dying to go. They're all so different! Eulee wanted to go, but we had to say no. She just can't wait to be a big kid.
The kids had a great time in the cave. There were actually a ton of daddy long legs in there...and some scorpions and katydids. But B didn't point them all out to the kids because he knew they would freak out. Elina said she saw 7 daddy long legs, but B whispered to me that there were WAY more.
Eulee and I took the long way down and had a great time just hanging out! I love that little girl!
Then on our last day, Eulee had her class field trip to Natural Bridge Caverns. I took all the kids with me and it was great. They all went on this same exact field trip when they were in Kindergarten, so it was neat for them to go again with Eulee.
Here's Eulee...
Here's Evie...
Here's Eli...
And here's Elina...
How fun!In the end, we also panned for gems...and the kids had a blast! Lots of neat treasures found!
This was definitely one of our most laid-back breaks in the past few years. What a great way to relax, but also visit some neat places nearby with the kids. We had to admit that the break ended too quickly. I really liked having all the kids around...hanging out and playing....and noticing how different they all are. I so enjoy having more mature conversations with Elina...laughing at Eli's constant silliness and absentmindedness...watching Evie's kindness towards her siblings...and listening to Eulee's continuous singing. They're pretty great to be around. (Of course sometimes they drive me batty, but for the most part, I've gotten used to them!) Wish break could be longer! We just love Fall Break!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment