We spent 4 days in Utah and had the best time!
TUBING
We all loved tubing at Gorgoza Park! It's a workout pulling your tube from the bottom of the hill to the conveyor belt, but it was totally worth it. Eulee could only go on the lower hills, but the older kids could get towed up to the upper hills. The kids tubed for 2 hours and were exhausted!
Afterwards, the older kids got to ride on snowmobiles. They thought it was so cool!
The kids really had so much energy this day. We had all woken up around 3:30am to get to the airport. We arrived in Salt Lake, met KT, changed our clothes and went tubing. So afterwards when we went to eat a late lunch, Eulee was falling asleep WHILE she was eating. She had a zoned out look on her face and while she was chewing, her eyelids were closing. I laughed so hard! None of our kids have ever fallen asleep like this! It was awesome! Poor girl was so tired.
SKIING
We spent a whole day skiing/snowboarding at Snowbasin (15 minutes from KT's house) and put all the kids in ski school. The kids all loved skiing and learned a lot in a day. Even Eulee thought it was great! She didn't last the whole day though...she didn't go out on the last run of the day with the ski school and after we picked her up, she was too tired to go back up with us. The other kids begged us to ski with them. It was awesome! What was funny was that their version is skiing is doing the pizza with zombie arms the whole way down! Hahaha! So we definitely will have to go back!
While the kids were in ski school, the adults went skiing. I stuck to mostly greens and did 1 blue. B ventured out on his own at the end and did lots of blues. We realized that we definitely miss skiing and snowboarding. It's beautiful and fun...and it's a great workout!
Look at how worn out this little girl was...
HANGING OUT
We did a lot of hanging out at KT's beautiful home. Their backyard is gorgeous and we ate a lot of meals out there. We especially loved the huge fire pit. The view from their house is also crazy-beautiful....the sunsets were amazing.
They were so nice to let us stay with them. It was definitely a party with 10 kids and 4 adults! The girls all slept in the living room and the boys all slept in the bedroom.
They were so nice to let us stay with them. It was definitely a party with 10 kids and 4 adults! The girls all slept in the living room and the boys all slept in the bedroom.
SALT LAKE CITY
On the last day, we went into Salt Lake City and checked out the Museum of Natural History. Y'all know our kids love museums so they were in heaven!
KT also took us on a quick tour of Temple Square. The place is just beautiful!
We had such a wonderful time with KT and her family. All the kids had buddies to play with. Elina was reunited with one of her oldest friends, LT. I got to spend time with KT and catch up.
Look at what these 2 girls looked like BEFORE...they've really grown up!
The worst thing was that I had been sick since Spring Break and never got completely better. Then after skiing, I was feeling just rotten. Everything had progressively gotten worse and after that day my body was just done. I spent a lot of time in bed...just coughing and feeling miserable. I was sad that it took some of my time away from catching up with KT, but there was nothing I could do about it.
We took a late flight back home and the next day (Wednesday) I physically didn't have the energy to take the kids to school, so I let them have one more day at home. Later I went to a clinic and they told me I had bronchitis and gave me lots of drugs. So now I'm finally getting better. Yay!
B has always dreamed of our family taking skiing trips and I think are finally at the point where we can all do that now. I'm so excited that they all had a great first experience with skiing. We just can't wait to go back to hit the slopes next year!
We miss KT and her family a lot. We definitely want to try to visit again...maybe for another ski trip?? Thank you, KT, for your friendship and hospitality. Y'all are the best!
We miss KT and her family a lot. We definitely want to try to visit again...maybe for another ski trip?? Thank you, KT, for your friendship and hospitality. Y'all are the best!






















1 comment:
loved your pics, love your write up, and love you! Thanks for coming to visit us...good memories!
Post a Comment