Eli made origami hearts for his Friendship Day at school. (Instead of Valentine's Day, Eli 's school celebrated the holiday with friendship cards.) It took him a long time, but he did it!
Elina decided to throw her family Valentine's Day party the Sunday before the real holiday. I thought it was a great idea since weekdays can get so busy. Since Elina was in charge of the treats for our weekly Family Meeting, she decided to just incorporate them into the party. She also came up with really fun games to play too. I especially liked trying to open a piece of gum with huge gloves on my hands! Elina is truly an excellent party planner!
Elina created her own scratch-off Valentine's Day cards this year. Each of us scratched off our cards to reveal a special prize from Elina. She promised Evie a frappaccino, Eulee a milkshake, and Eli some deviled eggs. Such a great idea!
Then as a family, we each had to write things we loved about each other. Then we sat down and each of us read another person's list out loud for them to hear while we had a nice candlelit dinner. I caught all the kids beaming with delight as they heard all the reasons why they're so loved. There were some funny ones and some heartwarming ones. This is definitely one of my fave traditions!
Why we love Mommy..."she bakes lovely cakes that warm me up" (Eli), "she drives us to fun places" (Evie).
Why we love Daddy..."he gets us fast food" (Evie), "he does the robot arm and it's funny" (Eulee).
Why we love Elina..."I love her drawings, they're so beautiful" (Evie), "she has magic powers" (B).
Why we love Eli..."I love tackling with him" (Evie), "he's a Pokemon master" (B).
Why we love Evie..."she really likes to play baby and sister with me" (Eulee), "she is so fancy" (Elina).
Why we love Eulee..."she sings songs to herself" (Evie), "she plays kitty" (Eli).
My friend and I were in charge of Evie's class party and I decided to make red and pink layered Jello. It only took 6 hours (yikes), but it looked awesome! And they tasted pretty yummy. Then I also threw in some Valentine-themed Minute to Win It games. You know how much we love Minute to Win It games here...so it was perfect! We did the Love Stack and had the kids stack conversation hearts to see who could make the tallest stack at the end of a minute. The thing was that lots of the kids actually had tall stacks, but at the end they would fall over! So sad.
Then they did Suck It Up by transferring conversation hearts from the desk to a paper plate using a straw.
Then I had the kids do a relay race transferring conversation hearts from one cup to another using only a spoon. So fun!
We had a super fun time throwing this party!
Our traditional Valentine's Day scavenger hunt was still lots of fun, too! I wasn't even going to do it, but the kids kept asking me about it, so I HAD to do it! Sometimes it's difficult to think of good clues for every kid.
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!













No comments:
Post a Comment