Saturday, December 19, 2015

Too Much December Fun Part 2

Here's more of our December fun...

7. KINDERGARTEN CHRISTMAS PARTY
We hosted Evie's class party at our house and it was a lot of prep, but so worth it.  We did the traditional gingerbread house decorating party and it was a huge success!  
Honestly, Evie and 2 other kids were the only ones who really decorated their hearts out.  
The other 10 (including Eulee) probably consumed more than they actually put on their houses...actually, I'm SURE Eulee consumed more than she put on her house.  I mean, look at this thing!  She basically only decorated the roof with cinnamon gum--the ONE thing I told her she couldn't eat.  Ha!  So Eulee won the All About the Roof Award.
Evie won the Best Gummy Bear House because she had lots of gummy bears in front of her house.  The funny thing is that all her gummy bears wore hats made of mini-M&Ms.  So cute!
Of course all the kids (and teachers) loved coming out to get high-fives after their names were announced. Look at these faces!  I love this party!

6. GREEK CELEBRATION
Eli's grade level had a Greek Celebration since they just completed their Ancient Greece unit.  This one was a lot less work than Elina's Dawn Treader celebration.  This one was also less organized because we ran out of time to let the kids really enjoy their food and to get seconds.  But the kids all had a great time.  They drew Greek clothing, made laurel wreaths,
and even competed in some Olympic games!  Eli chose to throw a javelin...and even though he didn't win, he said it was his favorite activity!


7. NUTCRACKER
The weekend Evie had bronchitis, we had tickets to watch the Nutcracker with a friend.  Evie was so sad that we couldn't make it.  So I bought tickets for the following weekend and we had our date then.  It was so much fun!  We went to a little French restaurant for lunch before the show.  I had the most amazing quiche that was so different from what I'm used to.  Yum!  Evie had hot cocoa and a Nutella crepe.  She loved everything!
Evie loved the ballet and we almost made it to the very very end.  But after the last main dance, I could tell she was getting antsy, so we ducked out a little earlier.  I was impressed she lasted as long as she did.  
We had such a fun mommy-daughter date!  We might have to do this every year!!  Evie is just so sweet and easy-going...I love this little lady!
8. PIANO RECITAL
Since the kids were all sick, they had to miss their Winter Festival piano recital at a local mall.  I think this was the first one we've ever missed in 3 years or so.  But a week later, the kids made it to a little piano recital at a local retirement home.  Our piano teacher's parents are there, so she wanted to do something special for them.  The kids did a great job with their songs! It was so nice to bring smiles to all those faces!
What a fun, busy time before our much-needed break!  Bring on the Christmas break!!

No comments: