We got Elina a new sewing machine for her birthday and she has been so excited to try it out!
Since I am no good at sewing, I decided to take a Mother-Daughter sewing class with her. We found a woman who teaches classes out of her home and we did an 8 hour "camp session" to make a tote bag. I had to get a babysitter for the other kids while we did our 2 hour classes during the week. It was actually nice to just spend time with Elina like that. It was so....quiet. I really enjoyed myself and found it quite relaxing. =)
It was nice to work on a project with a teacher guiding you. Elina had the best time even though she was very hard on herself. She was super critical about her stitches if they weren't straight enough. But she was so proud of her work at the end. She couldn't believe she made her own cute tote bag. And now she's more confident around a sewing machine...so am I!
She even got to use an iron. Such a big girl!
And here we are showing off our totes! Aren't they cute? They're quilted-looking and have a button on them. We are definitely sporting these things around town! We worked really hard for these!!
Now Elina's already planning out all her Christmas gifts for everyone. It's the cutest thing! I hope she stays interested in it!




No comments:
Post a Comment