Monday, January 6, 2014

Last Hurrah

Right before school started back up again, B took a few days off so that we could take the kids out for some fun.

First B took the older kids roller skating.  Then we all went to Incredible Pizza to play some games and ride in go karts.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then we decided to take all the kids to Six Flags.  We have season passes and it was the last weekend before the season was going to end.  I must say that it was the nicest time I've had in a theme park in a very long time.  The weather was nice and cool (I'm definitely more cranky when it's hot and humid!), there were no lines, and we didn't have any time constraints.  We lucked out because Eulee was only on one nap that day so we had the luxury of being at Six Flags for 5 hours straight that day.  We closed the park out!  Since we weren't rushing for a nap or bedtime, we just took our time with everything...walked around leisurely, got on fun rides multiple times.  Sometimes, I can't wait for Eulee to be only on one nap a day.

The awesome thing about this trip was that the kids were willing to ride most of the rides.  During the summer, Elina actually started liking roller coasters...not the adult ones, but at least the Roadrunner Express.
She wanted to go on it so many times!  So this time she had to ride it a few times with B.  Then she also wanted to ride on a few other thrill rides.  Her favorite was Pandemonium which is a roller coaster where the cars twirl around!  It looks crazy (like pandemonium) from far away.  I could never ride that!  But B and Elina rode it twice and loved it.  B is so happy that he can finally ride some semi-thrilling rides now!  He has been waiting for this day to arrive.  He absolutely loves thrill rides and is always sad to walk by them when we go to theme parks.

What surprised us the most that day was Evie.  She was willing to go on any thrill ride that she was tall enough for.  She was loving it!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I couldn't believe that she actually enjoyed the Wave Runner.  It went so fast, but she was just laughing and laughing while she rode it.  Eli sat out for this one and was glad that he did.  When he saw how fast they were going he said, "Sicky, sicky!"   Eli didn't even want the teacups on the teacup ride to spin around either.  On the other hand, Elina and B were spinning their own teacup around so quickly that I wanted to throw up just watching them!
Maybe Eli will outgrow it...that's what B is hoping for.  Who knew Evie was such a thrill-seeker?  Well, relatively speaking I guess she's pretty wild and crazy, so I shouldn't be surprised.  What was funny was that she was willing to ride all these big rides, but when it came to the Scooby-Doo shooting game (which was totally fun), she didn't want to ride it more than once because it was dark and a little spooky.  She can handle being thrown and spun around, but once you turn the lights off, she's outta there!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Eulee got to ride a whole bunch of rides, too!  I was so excited that we could ride so many rides as a family on this trip.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
When were on the swing ride, Eulee couldn't stop saying, "Oooooooooh!"  (She also says this whenever she sees pretty Christmas lights.)

After we got home that night and put the kids to bed, I told B that I had such an amazing time.  It was really one of the best family days we've had.  There was just no stress and it was just pure fun.  I definitely need more of these outings in 2014!

Then to end our Winter Break, we had a fire and roasted marshmallows and drank hot cocoa.  What a perfect ending to a wonderful break!  I miss it already!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

1 comment:

Jen Yao said...

Evie's shades by the fire pit! hahaha