We started the day off by letting B sleep in and then serving him breakfast in bed! We made things simple by getting him his favorite donuts. Definitely the breakfast of champions, right?
Besides his annual "Best Daddy" photo collage, I had the kids work together to make him a cute piece of art. First the kids used their fingertips to make dots to spell out DADDY. It actually took more time that you would think. It required A LOT of dots! Honestly, Evie was the only one really into it. She kept doing it and doing it...
...the older ones did some and left...then after some coaxing they would return to do some more...then leave again...it was a process. Elina even made me do some because she "just couldn't do it all herself" (her words). Then I had Eulee fill in the few empty spaces that were left so she could say that she also participated. =) Finally, I outlined the whole thing in Sharpie.
It looked awesome...except for a smudge on the top of the paper. So we decided to cut it out and then splatter paint another piece of paper. (Doing splatter paint is on our summer bucket list, so I figured it would be a good time to do it.) The kids had SO much fun with this. I dressed them in old clothes and had them go wild with the liquid watercolors in the backyard.
Then this led to another activity--painting rocks. I didn't want to let my liquid watercolors go to waste, so I figured they could enjoy some more painting. The colors came out SO brightly! We were all impressed and loved how the rocks turned out in the end.
After B enjoyed his breakfast and gifts, he participated in a scavenger hunt prepared by the kids (thanks for the idea, KL!). He had to go all around the house to look for clues and prizes (a few of his favorite sweet treats). I love that while he's doing the scavenger hunt, the kids are just following him around like little ducklings.
Then we all squished into our bed and relaxed and watched some shows. I love it when everyone crowds into our bed....all cozy and comfy. Then this led to another activity--painting rocks. I didn't want to let my liquid watercolors go to waste, so I figured they could enjoy some more painting. The colors came out SO brightly! We were all impressed and loved how the rocks turned out in the end.
After B enjoyed his breakfast and gifts, he participated in a scavenger hunt prepared by the kids (thanks for the idea, KL!). He had to go all around the house to look for clues and prizes (a few of his favorite sweet treats). I love that while he's doing the scavenger hunt, the kids are just following him around like little ducklings.
After some relaxation, B took Elina, Eli, and Evie on their annual date to go paint pottery. This year Evie got to join in the fun, so she was pretty excited! They were gone for quite awhile this year. B said they took forever to paint everything, but that it was still really fun. They just love to take their time!


We all went out for an early dinner and then came home to go for an evening swim. After showering, we surprised B with a nice Cold Stone ice cream cake! It was a great ending to a super-fun day!
We did a lot of things, but it felt really relaxing. What a perfect day to celebrate a perfect dad! We wouldn't be able to do half of the fun things we do without B around. Who would help the kids tube down the river? Who would give the kids their showers? Who would take Elina to school? Who would take the kids roller skating? Who would go swimming with the kids? B would...that's who!








1 comment:
Look at your beautiful grass. Happy belated birthday!!
Post a Comment