Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Perfect Day

This really was the best Mother's Day so far.  It was the perfect mix of relaxation, alone time, family time, and eating out.

The week started off with Muffins for Moms at Eli's school.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Eli gave me the cutest present that he made at school.  I will definitely put this notepad to use!

Mother's Day started with breakfast in bed delivered by the kids and B.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
They all left me alone for an hour while I enjoyed my coffee and read through 2 issues of Real Simple magazine that I haven't had time to get to.  It was heaven!  Then the kids delivered some crafty paper flowers in a vase.  This is B's signature craft with the kids.  =)

Then I had everyone snuggle with me in bed while we watched an episode of one of my favorite cooking shows, Chopped.  It was so fun to lay with the kids while we worried about who would get "chopped."  I have to admit that Evie was scared initially because she thought someone was really going to get something chopped off.  How cute, right?  It wasn't her favorite show, but she just liked snuggling with all of us.

After Eulee woke from her 2 hour nap (another nice Mother's Day gift), we went out to have lunch at The Cove.  We love this place, but haven't been back in a long time.  The food was great (love my Texas burger) and the kids had fun playing in the playground there.  After that we stopped for yummy ice cream.  Who can beat that??

We got home to put Eulee down for a nap...and then B and I both nodded off on the sofa ourselves!  Who would have guessed I'd get to take a nap??  Wow.  The other kids were getting things ready for their own restaurant, Yummi Yummers.  Isn't that a creative name??

The kids prepared the sign, their own name tags...then they made a salad and a dessert (yogurt with granola, whipped cream, and a cherry on top).  B picked up some pizza for the entree.  It was so fun having the kids serve us drinks and food.
Then we also had Elina's Mother's Day cake for dessert.  On Friday, Elina's school had a Mother's Day Cake event where each kid was given a single layer round cake to decorate.  The cake already had white icing on it but the kids got to decorate it with different colors and tips.  Elina's came out so well!  Plus, it was delicious!
We all had so much fun today.  Eli said, "This was the best day ever!"  And he kept hugging me saying, "Mommy, you're the best mommy I've ever had."  Awwwww.  I LOVE this boy!

Today was just the best.  I got lots of hugs and kisses...yummy food in my tummy...time to myself to read...an afternoon nap...what more could I ask for??

Happy Mother's Day to all you hard-working moms out there!  You know who you are.  You are the ones who eat bread crusts after you cut them off your kids' sandwiches because you know you won't have time to eat a decent lunch yourself...the ones who can do at least 4 loads of laundry in one day...the ones who can carry a baby in one arm and still make a PBJ sandwich with the other hand...the ones who patiently and enthusiastically listen to their child tell a story at a painfully slow speed...the ones who haven't sat on a toilet  in peace in years...you definitely know who you are.  And you know it's all worth it!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 

2 comments:

Kimberli said...

that DOES sound like a wonderful day! :) Happy Mother's Day to a fantastic mom! Miss you!

Jen Yao said...

Sounds like an amazing mother's day and you totally deserve it! :)