Thursday, October 25, 2012

So....Call Me Maybe?

Really, people?  This happens in 2nd grade?


Elina: Mommy, I have a really funny story!

Me: Tell me!

Elina: Today, L gave me a piece of paper with his phone number on it and he wrote "Call me" on it.  He told me to call him.

Me: What?  What did you say when he said that?

Elina: I said, "Why?" and he said, "So we can talk."  Isn't that funny?

Me: It's really funny!  Do you want to give him a call?

Elina: MOM!  I can't call him!  I don't even KNOW his mom.  That would be SO weird if I called and his mom said, "Who's this?"  I can't call someone if I don't know their mom!


I thought it was so cute that Elina doesn't want to talk to someone unless she knows his/her mom.  It reassures me that she'll try to stay safe...for now.  =)

Later that night we had Elina show B the note.  He wasn't laughing quite as loudly as A and I had.  He just said, "I'LL keep that note."  Hahaha.  It's just the beginning, B!  

Then Elina said, "Maybe I should call him.  Or he'll be waiting by the phone until, like, midnight!"  

After this conversation, B went and put away all the phones in the house.  (Not really, but in his mind he did.)

Now I'll have to keep an eye out for L.  I'm not even sure which boy he is in the class.  But I'm pretty sure Elina won't be calling him.  We'll have to get to know his mom first.  

1 comment:

evil twin #2 said...

That is hilarious! Especially B's response. I can totally picture it...