Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We're Off!

Tomorrow J and I are headed to San Diego for a wedding. Since I'm still nursing, Evie will be our "plus 1." I must say that I'm feeling really nervous right now. The bags are packed, but I'm feeling butterflies in my stomach! The last trip Evie went on (to Brownsville) did not go well. She just seemed really sensitive to change. I'm hoping that she won't be that terrible since she's a little older.

I'm just afraid that I'm going to return home with a newborn who constantly needs to nurse. I have to nurse her for take off and landing for her ears. Then I'll probably end up nursing her more if she starts to "act up" on the plane. I mean, seriously, who likes sitting next to a crying baby?? Then at the hotel, I can't let her cry in the middle of the night the way we let her cry at home (for fear of disturbing the neighbors), so I'll probably have to nurse her more. I hope that this is just the worst-case scenario that I'm playing over and over and over again in my head.

J and I can't wait to get there though. The weather is perfect (sunny with highs in the 60s) and there are a few touristy things we want to do. We'll have to see how much fun Evie will let us have. Hopefully, she will cooperate because the weather and the scenery will be amazing.

Either way, wish us luck. We just might need it.

No comments: