Friday, February 26, 2010

Dollar Day at the Carnival

Last Friday was the last Dollar Day for the carnival at the rodeo. I had been wanting to go back to the carnival if the weather was decent. It was cloudy and cool that day, but there was no rain in the forecast so I decided to meet LW and her kids out there. I could only go if another adult was willing to go with me because Eli and I couldn't ride most of the rides. Luckily, LW agreed to go with me so that her daughter, G, could ride some stuff with Elina.

The thing is, the last time we went to the carnival with B, the ride operators were more lenient about letting Eli get on the rides. This time they were really strict. 98% of the rides said that the child has to be a minimum of 36" tall, even to ride with an adult! Eli is nowhere near 36". So Eli basically couldn't ride anything. I had to beg one guy to let Eli at least ride this little ladybug ride. And Eli also got to ride another ride because I got on with him. On the ladybug ride, Elina had her arm around Eli the whole entire time. It was a good thing she did because Eli started to slip on his seat and become more and more horizontal as the ride kept going around and around.



The rest of the time was just torture for Eli. He would watch as Elina got on and off rides and he would say, "My turn. My turn." So instead I got Eli some popcorn to munch on while his big sis had lots of fun. Poor guy. Next year we'll have better luck.

This was Elina's first time riding carnival rides with a friend her age...and boy, did she have fun! I think that's what makes it more fun for the kids. She and G had such a great time on all the rides. This motorcycle one was their favorite because it actually did a "pop a wheelie" and it totally caught them off-guard. They were cracking up and laughing hysterically.




Then this race car ride was a close second for the girls. The cars go along this oval-shaped track, so on the curves, it whips the cars around quickly. The girls were caught off-guard, but loved it. So each time they were on the straight parts going slowly, they would say, "No, no, no!" And then when the car would whip around, they would scream dramatically. It was so funny! Look at their faces in this photo below. Priceless!!






Elina got so caught up in the excitement that she forgot her own fear. She saw this dragon roller coaster and G said she wanted to ride it, so Elina agreed. Elina got in with G and said, "This is gonna be so exciting!!" But once the ride started, Elina started to get scared. She started shrinking down in her seat. By the third time around, she looked like she was going to cry. So after the fourth time around, the operator stopped the ride. Poor Elina. She said, "I never want to ride that ride again." Ha! Look at how sad her face is in the picture below.

Then there were other rides that Elina wanted to ride, but she just wasn't tall enough. The height requirement for those rides were 42" to ride without an adult. Poor Elina just wasn't tall enough, even though G was tall enough. I told Elina that she'd be able to ride everything next year. So now she's excited to go back to the rodeo next year!

No comments: